Cultivating Communities of Care Conference
Includes Multiple Live Events. The next is on 04/21/2023 at 9:00 AM (EDT)
You must log in to register
- Non-member - Free!
- Member - Free!
Already registered? Log in now.
The Rhode Island Department of Health is sponsoring the inaugural Cultivating Communities of Care Conference. This new conference will provide information and strategies to build healthier and safer educational environments in Rhode Island. The conference will take place online on Friday, April 21 from 9 AM - 1 PM Eastern. Conference sessions will follow three tracks: Students (HS & College), K-12 Faculty/Admin, Higher Education Faculty/Admin.
- Understand policies and best practices related to prevention and protective environments in K-12 and higher education settings
- Familiarity and understanding of value of peer education programs
- Understanding of public health concepts and frameworks related to suicide prevention, violence prevention, substance use prevention, and mental health and how these health issues are interconnected
- Awareness of how public health issues are impacting Rhode Island youth, individually and as members of our community
- Keynote Speaker - 9:00am-9:30am
- Data Stories – 9:35am-9:50am
- Session 1 – 10:00am-10:50am
- Session 2 – 11:00am-11:50am
- Youth Panel – 12:00pm-1:00pm
This content will not be available until 04/21/2023 at 8:20 AM (EDT)